Post Title: Project Officer
Reports to: Project Manager
Duty Station: Mogadishu
Contract Duration: 12 months
Closing Date: 11/25/2020
About ISIR Consulting
ISIR Consulting is an independent consultancy based in Somalia, offering a wide variety of technical and management consulting services to a broad range of clients both in the public and private sectors. Our specialties include, but are not limited to, stakeholder analysis, and mapping, capacity development, third party monitoring & evaluation, recruitment (RPO), infrastructure & development practice, security risk management, and business advisory solutions.
• Identify projects following the ISIR Consulting's and donors’ project management policies, standards and guidelines.
• Measure the effectiveness of all processes (budget, operations, and management, etc.)
• Vets and verifies the project ideas based on agreed upon criteria.
• Prepare concept notes.
• Prepare project management plan, Implement, monitor and evaluate the project.
• Assist the program manager to prepare project activity report when required.
• Undertake any project related responsibilities requested by the Project Manager.
Skills & Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in administration, project planning and management. Alternatively a combination of relevant education and professional experience, preferably five years of professional experience in project management, preferably with international NGOs.
• Ability to work under pressure and handle concurrent activities simultaneously.
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work within and build a team environment, ability to provide both detailed and strategic analysis and negotiation skills, ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a diverse work environment.
• Strong computer skills.
• A thorough knowledge of written and spoken English and Somali is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
ISIR Consulting is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse perspectives and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained impact.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedure:
• An updated CV; and an application letter which should include contact information for at least three work-related referees.
• Hand delivered applications will no longer be accepted.
• Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and Cover Letter to recruitment firstname.lastname@example.org by November 25.
We offer a wide range of services to clients in helping tackle, and address transition and development dilemmas, turning challenges into opportunities and engaging local communities to develop homegrown solutions to threats and challenges.